Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Everyone has plumps

Yet another non-grad story about my nephew. Sorry.*

Three-year-old Nephew was at my parents' house, and he was kneeling on an oversized pillow which he had place on the big green easy chair. "Be careful," said my mom. "You might slide off and break your knees!"

Sure enough, Nephew slid off the pillow and landed on his knees. Now, Nephew tries to be tough, so he just knelt there on the floor, quiet. "Are your knees hurt?" my mom asked him.

"Yeah, a little," he sighed. "But my plumps are OK."

This statement gave my mom pause. "Your what?" she asked.

"My plumps," he said again.

My mom thought about this a bit more. "And where are your plumps, exactly?"

"Oh, right by my knees," Nephew replied, gesturing towards his legs. "All around here," he said.

"Oh!" said my mom. "And do I have plumps?" she asked him.

"Oh, yes," he said, getting up. He walked over to her and rubbed her legs to show her where her plumps were. "They keep the electricity from getting into your body," he explained.

"I see," said my mom.

A little while later, Nephew slid off the chair again, but landed on his backside. He looked up at my mom and reassured her, "My bum plumps are OK."

*Not really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I know the source of "plumps". He really likes the song "My Humps" by the BEPs, which he's hearing as plumps. Evidently, he's been working out what he thinks plumps are.