Thursday, April 27, 2006

Who's who now?

The following statements were made by 10-year-old Pixie Niece during a game of Cranium (which Muffet Niece and I won, by the way). It’s a good thing I don’t think 30 is old.

“Who’s Aerosmith?”
“Who’s Led Zepplin?”
“I guess he’s an astronaut but I never heard of him,” referring to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. (They visited the Kennedy Space Center last year.)
“Who’s Bob Dylan?”

She did, however, know Jimmy Buffett and Charlie Chaplin. But she probably does not know The New Kids on the Block.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's New Kids on the ...

Just kidding.

Dr. Maureen said...

A friend of mind from one of my lab classes at grad school was going up to look for apartments in Boston, and she told us she'd be staying in Dorchester. Unable to contain myself, I informed the lab group that The New Kids were from Dorchester (except for Joe, he was from Jamaica Plain). They all made fun of me and said, "You know where the New Kids are from?"

Dudes, I was a 13-year-old girl in 1989, the very pinnacle of the New Kids' career, and I lived in a suburb of Boston. Of course I know where the New Kids are from.

Jen said...

I have no idea what they are teaching them in school anymore...You a neglecting her education terribly if the poor child has no idea who Areosmith or Led Zeplin is.

What is the world comming too?
: )