Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Buffy vs. Grad School

Disclaimer: This post contains a spoiler for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

In the sixth year of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy returned from the dead. For the first several episodes of the season, Buffy was wandering around in a daze, not very happy with things. The Doktah, well known for ruining twist endings by figuring them out way way way before I do, said, "I bet she was in heaven."

Although it seems stupid now (because after seeing the reruns, they were practically screaming that Buffy was in heaven), I argued with her. "Maybe not," I said. "Maybe she's just confused because she was dead for 3 months."

The Doktah made the case that she had to have been taken from heaven and not a hell dimension. "Look, even if she is confused, she'd at least be saying, 'Yay! I'm not in hell anymore!'" The Doktah said. "You know, like how we are when we're not in lab."

Yay! I'm not in lab anymore!

No comments: