Saturday, March 26, 2005

The nieces keep me in line

My first year of grad school, I went to a Halloween party. I hate Halloween parties, because I hate dressing up, and so I strive to find “costumes” where I get to wear regular clothes, like when I was Harry Potter and just drew a scar on my head. (I already wear glasses.) Then I get to the party and everyone looks great in their fun costumes, and I feel like a schmuck in regular clothes. But I figured I should go in an effort to be sociable.

Being without costumey clothes, I asked The Doktah for help. She loves Halloween, and every year can pull together a great costume from articles she happens to have in her closet. So she lent me a black dress and a witch hat. When Muffet Niece asked me what I was going to be for Halloween, I told her a witch.

She looked at me critically, and said, “You have the hair for it.”

No comments: