Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Footprints

Last weekend I was at my parents’ house, and I noticed some footprints on their dining room rug. They were very small footprints. But here’s the thing: They were footprints of cleanliness, surrounded by dirt. I’m not exactly sure how they were formed. It’s as though a small person (judging from the size, it was probably two-year-old Youngest Grandson), who was dirty everywhere but the bottom of his feet, stood still and shook.

While I was at their house, this very same Youngest Grandson was sternly instructed by his mother not to “pop those peas.” You see, he was sitting at the table with a serving of peas – his favorite – quietly singing “Pop! Goes the Weasel” to himself and tossing a pea in the air with every “Pop!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just to update, today I had to reprimand the young man to not shake his milk. You see, after hearing a yell from the other room and finding grandson #2 extremely upset and slightly damp as well as a spattered couch I was informed by the boy in question that it was not an accident but that he did not pour his milk out he just shook it out "that's all".