Saturday, March 24, 2007

A few things I have learned as a mom:

1. Breastmilk poop and solid food poop are two entirely different beasts. An important difference: solid food poop is not announced by a loud "pbbbttthhh" sound, and instead appears as a little surprise upon opening up the diaper.

2. At no other time in my life will the frequency of another person's bowel movements be so hugely important to me. I certainly hope.

3. If there is a chance I will fall asleep while nursing, I must make sure to lean my head back.

4. It takes about an hour to regain normal motion in my neck after falling asleep with my head hanging down.

5. If there is a chance I will fall asleep while nursing, I must make sure my legs are not crossed.

6. My mothering instincts are sound and will make me protect the baby should I happen to fall right down on the floor thanks to a complete loss of blood flow to my left foot.

7. It really hurts when a small person grabs the loose skin on my neck and gives it a little tug and a squeeze.

8. I have loose skin on my neck.

9. Baby kisses are slobbery, but very fun.

No comments: