Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Three years

As I was cleaning up the dinner dishes tonight, The Husband came into the kitchen and gave me a hug. “Happy anniversary,” he said.

“Oh yeah!” I exclaimed. “I forgot!” A lot has been going on lately, so it sort of slipped my mind. “So,” I said. “Three years.”

“And a baby!” replied The Husband.

“So I gave you a son for our anniversary,” I said to The Husband. “What did you get me?”

“Uh…” came the response.

“Nothing?” I cried. “I gave you a baby and you got me nothing at all?”

“Well, I remembered our anniversary,” he protested.

Touche.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Geez, could we be on a more similar timeline? Dave and I celebrated three years on October 19. Well, I say we celebrated, but really we just changed diapers and stayed up later than we wanted to because of Mr. Fussypants. I don't even think there was wine. Sigh.