Thursday, February 08, 2007

Just so you know who’s really in charge

I thought some of you would be interested in a follow-up. Yes, Jack will take bottles from me and The Husband. No, he will not take bottles from his grampa. This is the second week in a row where I’ve had to go feed him because he was in hysterics. And, while I certainly don’t object to the excuse to go visit him twice during the workday, it would be a bit easier if I didn’t have to. When I got there today, I nursed him to take the edge off, then tried the bottle, thinking that maybe it was being in a different house that was the problem. Jack took the bottle from me, albeit a might grudgingly. So then, once he was almost done eating, I tried giving him to Grampa to finish off the bottle. Instant screams which stopped as soon as I took him back. If I didn’t know better, I’d think that Grampa was sticking him with pins instead of feeding him.

Apparently it is not the different house that bothers him. Apparently, in his world, Mom and Dad provide the food, and no one else.

So there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man. This is the kind of thing that has me really hoping my presence is required in the office, like, once every six months or something. I think that would be really difficult! Hopefully grampa is not too offended. :)