Thursday, February 15, 2007

Reason #912 The Husband and I will be an embarrassment to Jack and his potential siblings

On Sunday, The Husband made us pancakes for breakfast while I got dressed. When I emerged from the bathroom, he said, “I made church pancakes.”

“Oh?” I said. “Are they shaped like a church?”

“No.”

“Are they shaped like a cross?”

“No.”

“Are they shaped like the Holy Eucharist?”

“That’s just a circle,” he pointed out. “The traditional shape of pancakes.”

“Well, I know,” I said, “but I thought maybe you were just making a joke because it’s Sunday.” Then I sat down at the table and found amidst the standard circular – or Holy Eucharist shaped –pancakes, two pancakes formed into rings. Looking up, I saw The Husband grinning like an idiot and waiting expectantly. “Are they church pancakes because they’re holey?” I asked him.

“Yeah!” he shouted. And then he giggled for about five minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That made me laugh out loud. Someday can I meet The Husband? Oh, and you too, I guess. :)

Dr. Maureen said...

Yes! Come to Massachusetts! We will go on a Duck Tour.