Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Words and phrases Jack understands or at least reacts appropriately to

Fan
Clock
Light
Daddy
Grammy
Papa
Grampa
Gram
Dog
Dover (in-laws' dog's name)
Duck
Elephant
Flower
Want a cookie?
What does an elephant say? (sometimes)
Who's the best baby? (sometimes)

The lack of "Mama," "Mom," Mommy," "Mother," "Ma," "Mum," "Maman," or any other permutation of the word is not an oversight as he has absolutely no idea what these sounds indicate, previous claims to the contrary notwithstanding. Also unrepresented: All the words I sign except for "Daddy." He sort of understands signs, but he tends to use the sign for "more" to mean both "more" and "all done." This can prove to be a mite frustrating.

Still in all, my baby is currently tons o' fun, and I wouldn't trade him for the world. If he'd just stop biting me when he nurses, I would have not one complaint. Knock on wood. KNOCK ON WOOD.

1 comment:

Banalities said...

Uh... what does an elephant say?