Thursday, July 20, 2006

What to buy a nerd for Christmas

One of the best gifts I ever got was a wallet-sized Periodic Table of the Elements. It had the periodic table on one side, and a list of physical constants (like the gas constant, R, and the Boltzmann constant, k), conversion factors, properties of water and air (density, viscosity, etc.), and structures for the different chemical groups (ethers, esters, alkenes, etc.). The best part was that it had the gas constant in seven different units. This gift was so awesome that when I lost it, I rushed out immediately to replace it, because I used it constantly. I still have it, and I still love it.

Shut up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad, I've been asking for a world atlas for about five years now. I rate highly on the geek scale as well.

Beth said...

Wow! I want one, too! I am a nerd! If I had known about this amazing pocket tool, I would have acquired it long ago! Awesome!!