Thursday, August 31, 2006

He just wanted to make her happy

Big Sister #3 emailed this story this morning, and I was instructed by my mother not to change a word.

Your four-year-old nephew just asked me to come to the living room to see something "GREAT." He had drawn all over the floor in blue chalk. Not a huge deal to clean up, but she told him he should only draw on paper. He said "I'm sorry Mom, I was just trying to make you happy."

She said, “No problem, just next time use paper.”

He was quiet for a few minutes and then said it again: "I'm sorry, I was just trying to make you happy." She said not to worry about it. He said, "I'm sorry I drew on the floor." She told him it’s OK.

Then he said, "Well, I'm sorry I drew on that pillow and on the couch and on my fish bowl and on the telephone and on the telephone table and on the chair and on the pooh table and on the exerciser (step) and on the TV and on the bookcase and on the VCR and on the wall. I'm sorry. I just wanted to make you happy."

No comments: