Friday, August 18, 2006

Next they’ll expect me to buy two pairs of pants

This week, I finally had to cave in and buy some new, bigger, maternity shirts. This is because, over the past two weeks or so, I have suddenly and alarmingly grown rather large. I am most definitely no longer at the “She may just be fat” stage. I am quite clearly pregnant. (I am still stubbornly refusing to buy new pants, insisting instead on spending the day hitching my pants back up. I will not cave! Until the pants actually fall off! This is partly because I am cheap, but mostly because finding maternity pants that fit is more painful even than finding regular pants that fit, and I just can’t deal with it.)

Anyway, I did find a bunch of shirts at Kohl’s that fit and were on clearance, so that was good. I didn’t find any fall shirts, though, because the new maternity shirts out for fall are all see through. I know! I’m already begrudgingly handing over money for shirts that I don’t really like that much that I will only be wearing for a few months, and now they want me to find a second shirt to wear underneath each one? Not that they had any handy, mind you. So even if I were willing to buy a see-through maternity shirt with a matching maternity tank top or camisole, they didn’t have any maternity tank tops or camisoles. Just see-through shirts.

1 comment:

carina said...

Hi,

You have a nice blog. A 40-week pregnancy is really just a blip in our whole life time, but the problem with clothing during that time is very painful. Keeping this in mind, two best friends and mother of two children each started http://www.bellybundles.com. We have high quality maternity clothes there and we would like to hear your feedback on our products.

Thanks,
Carina - Maternity clothing at bellybundles