Thursday, August 10, 2006

VCR? What's a VCR?

When I was about ten, my cousins, Big Sister #4 and I used to play “Clue the VCR game.” It was really fun, and yes, you could play it more than once. There was some sort of clever system that combined the scenes in different orders and used different clues. I’m sure there was a finite number of times you could play it before you knew all the solutions, but I don’t think we ever reached the limit.

At any rate, I was telling my three eldest nieces about this once. “Yeah, we used to play ‘Clue the VCR game’ all the time,” I said.

They were confused. “You mean the computer game?” Eldest Niece asked.

“No, it was a VCR game,” I said.

“But you played it on the computer, right?” said Muffet Niece.

“No, the VCR.”

They thought about this.

“You mean on the Playstation?” asked Pixie Niece.

“No!” I said. “It was a video tape! For the VCR! ‘Clue the VCR Game'!”

There was a pause.

“So, for, like, X-box?”

No comments: